Monday, April 30, 2007
Two guys were riding in a car, arguing about how to say the name Nanaimo since they were new to town. One said "Nan - aye-moo" and the other "Nan - I - moe." They went on arguing and arguing, until they came upon a fast-food restaurant at terminal Park. One guy goes inside and says to the waitress, "Tell me the name of the place where I am right now really, really, really slowly." The waitress says, "Bur-ger-King."
True story...really happened in Nanaimo, just this past weekend.....honest!
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Where can this lovely grove of flowering bushes be found in Nanaimo at this time of year? The place to view this lovely stand of Rhodos' is in an old Nanaimo Park located on Bowen Road. Any ideas???
Friday, April 27, 2007
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left Arm and repeat process.
3. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
4. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws, ignore growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
5. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
6. Wrap cat in a large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with cat's head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of a drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down straw.
7. Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink a beer to take away the taste. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from the carpet with soap and water.
8. Tie the little angel’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of the dining table. Find heavy pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertical and pour 2 pints of water down cat's throat to wash down pill.
9. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the Nanaimo Hospital Emergency, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill from your eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order a new table.
10. Arrange for Nanaimo SPCA to collect the mutant cat from hell and ring local pet shop to see whether they have any hamsters.
I doubt if anything has been as divisive in Nanaimo as the Convention Centre. I doubt if even the people who voted for it in the first place would have suspected the final cost would exceed $100 Million Dollars. From what I have been able to learn, that is a figure city staff are not disagreeing with, and the Friends of Plan Nanaimo are claiming the final price could run as high as $150 million!
Only time will tell if this will be good for the city, for a certainty it will have a long lasting effect on the city, either for the better or for the worse.
What is your opinion? Email your thoughts to day to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Nanaimo is the best city in Canada! Check it out!
If you need another reminder about our lovely waterfront home called Nanaimo take a quick 'photo tour' of our downtown waterfront. An overlooked gem. Click here.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
What You will Discover at Nanaimo-Info.com
For example, with the 'click of a mouse' you can find the current conditions at either BC Ferries terminal, in real time. You can also access up to date activities and events taking place in Nanaimo and surrounding area, Job listings, emergency phone numbers, bus schedules and routes, city hall contacts including councillors and mayor, local members of government Federal and Provincial, Yellow-ePages (find business numbers in seconds), tide tables, local weather, city maps, gas price comparisons, often called phone numbers, things to do in Nanaimo (listing everything from Air Cadets to Windsurfing with over 160 listings in 72 categories) and lots of useful and interesting information about Nanaimo, with the 'click of a mouse'. There is a page titled 'Free Ads' which is provided as a means of free advertising for new business people in Nanaimo. Check them out, they will be eager to please.
You will find yourself saving a whole lot of time when you make NANAIMO-INFO.COM your first stop for helpful information.When is the next ferry?........ Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
When do the city buses run? ....Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
Where is the local chess club? .Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
How do I contact the Mayor? ....Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
Need a city map? .............. Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
What are local gas prices? .....Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
Things to do? ..................Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
What is the weather forecast? ..Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
When is the next high tide? ....Check NANAIMO-INFO.COM
In short, if you can't find it at NANAIMO-INFO.COM let us know and we will find it for you and include it on our site.
Check out NANAIMO-INFO.COM, then add it to your favourites or bookmark the site and refer to it often.
I hope you will make our new blog a part of your regular 'surfing' habit. It is intended to offer coverage of some 'news' articles of interest to Nanaimo and area residents. If you would like to submit a 'letter to the editor' please feel free. Make all submissions to email@example.com. Looking forward to a long and mutually uplifting and rewarding relationship.
The picture?? It was the old Civic Arena, that the City Fathers spent $600,000.00 to tear down last year. You would be forgiven if you asked......... why?
Goodbye until next time.