Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Canadian Boaters Deadline Approaching

Sept. 15 Deadline For
Pleasure Craft Operators Card
You will be required to have a Pleasure Craft Operators Card as of Sept. 15/09 to operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft in Canada. Failure to have the card will result in a $250 fine.

Who needs a Pleasure Craft Operator Card and when?

A. All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada will eventually require the card.The following three groups of boaters require the card IMMEDIATELY:

  • All operators of any powered watercraft under 4m in length (13.1ft)
  • All operators of PWC's (i.e.: sea-doos and jet skis)
  • All operators of any powered watercraft born after April 1, 1983

As of September 15, 2009 all boaters will be required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption – this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor — even an electric trolling motor.

You can obtain the proper certification online by visiting this website www.boaterexam.com


1 comment:

  1. You can also get the official certification from www.BoatSmartExam.com. Enter discount code CMK 524 to receive $10 off the standard fee.


Your comment will appear after moderation before publishing,

Thank you for your comments.Any comment that could be considered slanderous or includes unacceptable language will be removed.

Thank you for participating and making your opinions known.