Regular City Council
Mon., July 11/16
- Committee Structure, to obtain council direction : added: Presentation from CAO and delegations from Dominic Jones, Don Bonner
- Council consent to adopt an RDN bylaw
- Council consent to order demolition of mobile home 1505 Frew Rd
- Authorization to enforce property maintenance bylaw: 445 Lambert Ave., 644 Railway Ave., 410 Lambert St., 5254 Sherbourne Dr., 904 Darshan Place, 1505 Frew Rd.
- VIU seeking $5000 Grant to Malaspina Theatre seat renewal
- DP 571 Albert St., 5800 Carlton Road / 6004 Nelson Rd., 2589 Kenworth St., 1847 Dufferin Cres.
- DVP 2865, 3875, 3881 and 3887 Gulfview Dr.
- Rezoning App. 5264 Sherbourne Dr.
- Rezoning App. 2408 York Cres.
- Bylaw contravention 6041 Parkway Dr.
- Secondary Suites Bylaw contravention notices on title for: 423 Chesterlea Ave., 297 Harewood Rd., 1901 Meredith Rd., 684 Montague Rd., 6533 Southampton Rd., 262 Westwood Rd., 154 Wildlife Pl.
- Approve placement of HMCS Nanaimo 40 mm Bofors gun at Piper Park
- $600 Travel assistance grant Harbour City Football Club
- Colliery Dam Park Improvement Process and Action Plan: Add: delegations Ms Roblyn Hunter, Mr. Robert Fuller
- Bylaw amendments to subdivision control bylaw and update Manual of Engineering Standards
- Authorize $1,595,225.50 to purchase 28,300 wheeled carts for garbage pick up
- Notice of Motion, Councillor Kipp, consider hosting Town Hall sessions, monthly or as determined
Democracy Is Too Important To Leave To The Politicians
Do Your Civic Duty By Getting Informed and Getting Involved
If you say: " I'm too busy just trying to keep it together to get involved, consider that perhaps, if you were more involved you might not be having so much trouble keeping it together "!
You can view this Council Meeting Agenda here - - - Agenda .
If you can't attend council meetings in person (preferred) you can watch regular council meetings on Shaw cable channel #4. You can also watch the meetings live on the city website using this link.
The regular city council meetings are the only ones broadcast live on either Shaw Cable or streaming video from the city website. The Committee of the Whole meetings, while not broadcast live are recorded and can be viewed on the city website HERE.