attend, ask questions, make an informed decision
Residents of Nanaimo are invited to take part in a series of six open houses being held across the City to discuss the proposed Events Centre.
The purpose of these open houses is to encourage people in the community to get involved in this decision-making process by asking questions and examining the information that has been made available. City staff and Councillors will be in attendance answering questions and providing information to the public.
List of dates and locations here:
- February 9 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre (Dodd Narrows Room)
- February 16 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Oliver Woods
- February 21 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Moose Hall
- February 23 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Harewood Activity Centre
- March 1 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Beban Park Lounge
City staff will be meeting with students in Vancouver Island Univeristy's upper cafeteria from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on February 15.
Details and information regarding the proposed Events Centre are available on the City's website and residents are encouraged to visit the site in advance to read the reports and review the videos. Information regarding the upcoming referendum is available on the website as well.
To learn more about the project and the referendum visit: www.nanaimo.ca/eventscentre.