GARBAGE COLLECTION RESUMES TODAYFeb. 8 2017
The City of Nanaimo has resumed collection of garbage, recycling and kitchen waste for today, Wednesday February 8th.
* Residents are asked to consider their own safety and that of the refuse collector when placing out solid waste for collection.
* Please ensure it is in a safe accessible place. Place it on the edge of your property as close to the roadway as possible without being in the roadway; a good example would be an open driveway.
* A number of refuse collectors have been injured during the snowy weather. Please be aware that refuse collectors cannot climb over snow banks or walk on packed ice to collect solid waste.
Driving conditions may mean you are missed
As weather conditions allow, solid waste collection drivers will attempt pickup on scheduled routes today. However, Nanaimo residents are advised that, due to snow coverage and challenging road conditions, solid waste collection in some areas may be missed, particularly in areas at higher elevation.
If you are missed
* If your garbage collection is missed please take it back in. We will collect it on your next scheduled garbage collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 21st February. We will take extra on that date (no need for a tag).
* If your Kitchen Waste collection is missed please take it back in. We will collect it on your next scheduled kitchen waste collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 14th February. If you have too much kitchen waste you can place it in your garbage (this is an exception for snowy weather only).
* If your recycling is missed today please leave it out for two days. The contractor will do their best to collect it on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. If it is not collected on Tuesday or Wednesday please bring it in and put it out on your next scheduled recycling collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 21 February. There is no limit to the amount of recycling you may place out
* For those collections missed on Friday 3 February: your garbage will be collected on your next garbage collection day (Monday 20th), your kitchen waste will be collected on your next kitchen waste collection day (Friday 10th) and if your recycling has not been collected by tomorrow (Tuesday 7th), please put it out on your next recycling collection day (Monday 20th).